1. What items are supplied? All linens are supplied. Please bring your own beach-type towels for the hot tub. A starter pack of items is supplied. If staying more than a couple of days, you will need to bring or purchase additional dishwashing and laundry soaps, trash bags, toilet paper, and toiletries. Coffee and spices and oils are not supplied.
2. What does your kitchen have? We have a Keurig Duo coffee maker (Keurig and drip), toaster, range, dishwasher, refrigerator, oven, blender, crock pot, hand mixer, and microwave. Kitchen utensils are supplied too to help make your favorite meals.
3. Wifi? Cable TV? Yes, with speeds typically above 200 Mbps/sec (which is better and more reliable than many areas around the Smokies). And the cabin has a subscription to YoutubeTV which offers 70+ channels of live TV, local channels, sports, movies, and much more. You can also sign in to your favorite apps. Power and service outages are rare but do occur. There will be no refunds due to interruption of power or internet service.
4. Does the cabin supply baby gear? No, no baby gear is located onsite, but you are welcome to contact a baby gear rental agency that can handle and deliver rentals for you to the cabin. The cabin is not "baby-proofed".
5. If I have a reason to cancel after the 30-day period has passed can I still receive a refund? We are unable to offer refunds after the refund period has passed. It is recommended that you purchase trip insurance to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances.
6. How far is your cabin to the grocery? Food City is located 3.3 miles from the cabin. There are also multiple grocery delivery services (and food delivery too) that can deliver to the cabin.
7. What are the roads like to access the cabin? Above the Mist is located on a fully paved single-lane, two-way neighborhood loop road located off of a major road. It has several other cabins on it but is not heavily traveled. It has some steep areas but nothing that slow speed and alertness won't conquer, but it's not for everybody - some folks may find it intimidating. Most say once they have driven it a couple of times it is just fine. It is, after all, "Above the Mist"! For the majority of the year normal cars have no trouble with the roads; sporadically in some winter weather all-wheel drive vehicles may fare better - the road is treated and plowed if necessary during winter weather. No refunds will be given for the inability to access the cabin. Please plan accordingly.
8. Wildlife, What could I see while at your cabin? Above the Mist is located in the Smoky Mountain Forest area. Black bears are common in the area and at the cabin. They are a treat to observe and will typically keep their distance from humans. Bears must not be approached - for your and their safety.
9. Pests or Bugs? This is a cabin in the mountains and is treated monthly for pests but despite all efforts, they still find their way in, especially if doors are left open and especially at night with lights on. These include stinkbugs, ladybugs, occasional millipedes, etc. No refunds will be given due to pests. Please keep doors and windows closed as much as possible to prevent their access.
10. Pets; "I know that the listing says "No Pets", but mine is practically human, can I bring it?" Pets are not allowed, no exceptions. The homeowners love their pets too so we get it, but we and other guests have allergies to certain pets. There are numerous listings that allow pets, please seek out one that allows them. If it is found that a pet has been brought onsite, your agreement can be terminated, you can be charged an additional cleaning / damages fee, and you and your party can be asked to leave without refund.
11. Reservations are complete and confirmed once the rental agreement is signed and returned. The Rental Agreement can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmRALJ3-6ZbyELrP797ekN8jwXa6kqOz/view?usp=sharing
12. If you are direct booking, we will require for you to submit a front and back image of a state issued ID or passport matching the name on the reservation. This also needs to be completed at the time of booking.
13. Smoking? This is a no smoking (of any kind) property.
14. Can I check in early before 4pm or check out late after 10am? We cannot accommodate early check-in or late check-outs. Our cleaning crew works hard and needs the full amount of time to be sure that the cabin is ready for you and others. (There may be some rare times when it may be a bit after 4:00pm). A late checkout fee of $100 will be added if you and your guests have not departed by 10am. Thank you for your understanding.
15. How many cars can park at the property? 3 regular size cars can fit in the driveway end-to-end, and there's additional parking just before the driveway across the street which is best for suvs since those spots are only partially paved.
16. Is the cabin secluded? Yes and no - the neighbors aren't very close - you may hear distant laughter at night or in the morning from their porches and the occasional car may pass on the street. It's generally very quiet and peaceful and you don't really notice the adjacent cabins unless you try to see them, especially when the trees are full. At night you you feel like you're miles from civilization - no lights or sounds from nearby towns or roads. But, at the same time, you are only minutes from so many stores, restaurants and attractions - best of both worlds!
16. As much as we would love for you to find everything in the cabin to be just as you see it in the photos, we realize that things occasionally need repair over time. No refunds are given for amenities that are different than shown / listed.
17. How many does the hot tub seat? It seats 4 comfortably.
18. Is there a grill? There is a charcoal grill like you see in a park (BYO charcoal) and a large propane grill.
Did we mention the view?! We hope you enjoy Above the Mist just as much as we do!